Even for non-travellers and disbelievers, luxury cruises seem to have an undefined and undeniable appeal and lure. The epicurean cuisine, lavish accommodation, exotic locales, and nonpareil customer service are all features that would make the most luxurious cruises in the world. However, believe us when we say that there are gradations even in these lux cruises – only a few excel in their chosen realm and choosing to ‘travel’ with them would afford a one of a kind experience, which is sure to last a lifetime.
- The Seven Seas Explorer, launched by the Regent Seven Seas Cruises, who touted it as the most luxurious and opulent ship ever. The Explorer brims with exquisiteness – displayed through its cuisine and all-inclusive luxuries. For those who seek nonpareil accommodation, cruising with this ship would be the best option. Their cabins are more like suites of top starred hotels, with balconies that range from 55 to 995 square feet! The public areas are enormous and gorgeous too – Carrara Marble and granite has been used in a very large portion. There are about 500 crystal and glass chandeliers, over 2500 pieces of art, and specially commissioned paintings, and masterpieces of artists such as Picasso. For the food lovers, this cruise is heaven. The Explorer has several restaurants, but the two main restaurants are The Compass Rose and La Veranda / Sette Mari. The latter has a buffet breakfast and lunch, and in the evening it ‘converts’ to Sette Mari offering both elaborate a la carte and buffet menus. In addition, there are three specialty restaurants – Pacific Rim (Pan Asian cuisine), Chartreuse (French fare), and the signature steakhouse Prime 7. This cruise pampers and spoils its travellers with choices of food, drinks, and experiences. Time to pamper yourself?
- The Silversea is a cruise line with six luxurious ships in the fleet, all with ocean-view suites, top line bath products, Egyptian cotton linen, and the highest order of butler services. These cruises can reach the most far-flung ports since the boats are smaller than most cruise ships, but they cover destinations across the world – ranging from Venice and Barcelona to Namibia and Cape Town in Africa.
- Known for its top line and world-class service, Crystal Cruises is certainly among the crème of cruises. The staff has received top class training ensuring that they anticipate the needs and remember preferences of their ‘passengers’ – the best kind of customer service any company can afford. Top class room service, exquisite bathrobes, fresh flowers, and other such detailed luxuries make this cruise highly sought after. On board, passengers can even take language classes, golf lessons from golfing professionals, and attend wellness seminars too. The cruises tours cities, goes wildlife spotting, and affords its passengers with several other exciting adventures.
- The Oceania Riviera is famous for the wide variety of dining ‘venues’, include specialty complimentary restaurants. The Grand Dining Room is among the most famous, and there are other ‘hot favourites’ such as the French bistro, Jacques (menu designed by chef Jacques Pepin), the finesse exuding steakhouse, Polo Grill, which serves the best beek grills. There is also custom-designed china from Versace at the Italian restaurant Toscana, and Red Ginger, the restaurant serving Asian classics. Patrons can request for an intimate dining (for an extra fee). 24 passengers are treated each evening to a seven-course meal at the La Reserve, with wine pairings that have no equal. Then there is Privee – the exclusive option for private dinners. Not only do guests get to treat their palate, they can also learn a thing or two about cooking at the Culinary Centre (on board) – it offers hands-on experience with 12 cooking stations (at an additional fee). This cruise liner offers Oceania’s OLife Choice and OLife Ultimate promotions on some ‘routes’, and offers free airfare from certain points, unlimited internet use, six shore excursions, house beverage package, and shipboard credit per person.
- The Seabourn has a fleet of six ships, which are smaller as compared to some of the other humongous cruise liners, and have about 104-225 suites on board. Each of the suites have a well-stocked minibar, matching the preference of the passenger even before the person actually boards. The shore excursions are extraordinary and exhilarating, offering the passengers activities such as guided walking tours in Pompeii, elephant rides in Thailand, horseback riding in Patagonia, and many other such activities.
With 104 to 225 suites on board, this line’s six ships are relatively small compared to those of the mammoth cruise lines. Each room’s minibar is stocked with water, spirits and wine that match your preferences before you board. Shore excursions are outstanding, with options such as elephant rides in Thailand, guided walking tours of the ruins of Pompeii, and horseback riding in Chilean Patagonia.
Several new ships have been introduced, offering several options of luxury and opulence. Do you too want to experience service excellence, the finest of food from around the world, several luxurious amenities, and other lavish offerings, while on the go? These are amongst the top most luxurious cruises and can make your most ‘lavish and outrageous luxury’ dreams come true.